The #1 Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth
Just For Your Smile | Dental Implants Near Tysons Corner, VA
Just because you suffered an accident, had tooth decay, or an unexpected extraction, you don’t have to live your life with gaps in your smile. Dental implants allow you to live with a complete set of teeth as before. Dental implants are the number one permanent option for missing teeth that replaces the whole tooth, from root to crown.
Can you imagine chewing and speaking without the negative emotions associated with missing? Implants transform your smile’s feel and function and improve your overall health. Dental implants look completely natural and keep your facial contours intact by preventing the bone deterioration that occurs with missing teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium rods inserted into the jaw sockets left by lost teeth. The rods act as artificial roots and provide a solid base for replacement teeth.
Implant surgery is the best solution for replacing missing teeth and the new standard in long-term tooth replacement. The success rate is incredibly high, and they fit and function like your natural teeth.
A dental implant consists of three parts:
- The implant: a small titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone where the original tooth used to be
- The abutment: a small connecter piece that attaches the implant to the crown and ensures an excellent fit
- The dental crown: an artificial tooth that matches the rest of your teeth and is attached to the implant
What is the Implant Procedure Like?
With the help of anesthesia, a small incision is made into the gums. The artificial tooth root is then screwed into the jawbone. The gum tissue is closed over the implant, and the patient is sent home to heal.
During the healing period, the jaw bone starts to integrate with the post in a process called osseointegration. The bone grows around the implant post, making it part of your body and a solid base for your new teeth. Osseointegration may take two to six months, depending on the person and how well their body accepts the surgery. You may ask for a temporary crown while healing. Read more about it here.
Once osseointegration is complete, the abutment is attached to the implant post, and the crown is fitted to the other end.
Your brand new tooth will feel comfortable and look totally natural. The dental implant restoration process can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a complete upper and lower new teeth set.
What are Dental Implant Benefits?
People missing teeth sacrifice the ability to smile and laugh without covering their mouths in shame. It takes a significant toll on someone’s confidence. But benefits go beyond this:
- Improved facial appearance: With tooth loss comes bone loss of your facial structure. Without the support, your face can change shape, making you appear older or gaunt.
- Easy speaking: Removable dentures slip and slide in the mouth and impact speaking ability, causing embarrassing slurring and mumbling.
- Easy eating: Implants are secured in your jaw and allow you to bite with force. You can enjoy all the foods you love once again.
- Convenience: Implants don’t require sticky glues, cleaning tablets, or weird flossers. Just brush as usual!
- Boosts oral health: Dental implants don’t require attachment to neighboring teeth like dental bridges, improving oral health.
- Prevents bone loss: Bones need constant stimulation from teeth roots, or they begin to shrink. Dental Implants provide this stimulation.
- Durability: Implants can last a lifetime, while other options need repairs periodically or replaced.
Where can I get Dental Implants?
The team at Just For Your Smile, your implant dentists in Vienna, want to help you smile again. There are several factors your dentist must consider when determining if you are a good candidate for the dental implant procedure. They verify signs of periodontal disease and ensure you have enough bone to support the implant. We would love to evaluate you and answer any questions about the implant process.
Get Your Dental Implants in Vienna
Dental implants are very cost-effective and, if cared for, will last many years. Placing a dental implant is straightforward and a regular treatment here at Just For Your Smile.